our ingredients

We aim to cater to any dietary concerns, so anyone can enjoy a meal in our café... even those lucky enough not to have any concerns! The menu is designed with an 80/20 diet in mind (yes, we aim for 80% of the healthy stuff, but we also love a treat!). Read on to find out about some of our unique ingredients that pack so many health benefits and flavours.

Healthy baking


Our cakes, muffins, desserts and biscuits are sweetened with honey, rice malt, maple syrup or raw sugar. We also use rice bran oil to promote healthy heart function and regulate cholesterol levels. We mainly bake with coconut, rolled oats, nuts, dried fruits, almond meal and wholemeal spelt. Spelt grain has a higher amino acid profile and is better for the digestive system. It also has a higher protein content and lower gluten content, so it can be better tolerated by people with wheat allergies. Of course we also have a few classic New Zealand treats baked on white flour, just for the 20-percenters!

Dietary Needs

We cater for dietary needs and requests for foods to be made without gluten, sugar, eggs, dairy etc. We take great care to ensure special dietary requests are met; however it is always possible that traces of these ingredients may be found.

Fresh fruits.jpeg


We offer a large selection of vegan items in cakes, lunch and breakfast. Equally we are happy to help tailor a meal for you should you fancy something else. We do not label items containing honey as vegan.


We are proud to use T2 tea in our café. Our range of tea delivers an experience of subtle tastes and aroma, creating moods of peace and serenity. Beautiful and sophisticated, the way tea is meant to taste. Rich in antioxidants, studies show that those who consume one or two cups per day have a lower risk of certain cancers. In addition, green tea has shown to increase the body's ability in burning body fat.


We have plenty of milk options for your coffee, tea, or muesli. Choose from full cream, trim, rice, almond, coconut, or soy.


Grains, Nuts and Seeds

We love using nuts, such as almond meal, for many of our gluten free cakes. Nuts are full of high quality protein, fibre and heart healthy fats. They are also low in carbs, rich in complex carbohydrates and gluten free. In addition, nuts cleanse and exfoliate your digestive tract and provide your body with a wide range of vitamins, minerals and Omega 3.

Grains, nuts and seeds make a terrific snack between meals. Try our Paleo Nut Slice which is chuck full of goodness.

Gluten Free

We aim to not add gluten to foods that do not require it. Additionally we are happy to swap bread to gluten free without an extra charge. Please let us know when ordering if you are celiac.

The 80/20 Diet

The principle behind the 80/20 rule is simple: Eat nutritious foods 80 percent of the time, and allow yourself to indulge in your favourite treats the other 20 percent of the time. This balance will ensure a healthier you!